Saturday, June 21, 2014

{ Afternoon at the Bay } Part II

Good golly, I cannot believe it has taken me this long to finish sharing my day at the beach!  I was busy with lots of end-of-the-year school activities; we had my 5th grade graduation, stinky SOL testing, super-fun awards ceremonies (I made the A-B honor roll!) and a couple end-of-the-year parties with friends. But now summer is here and I am super excited!

Okay, so, continuing on with my afternoon at the bay.....

I ended up finding 13 pieces of sea glass! I didn't end up finding any rare colors (total bummer!) but I did find greens, whites, and browns. Some of the browns were more amber colored, which are really pretty! I'm excited to add them to my collection!


After a couple hours of walking up and down the beach, it was late afternoon and the sun was starting to dip low in the sky.   We decided to take a rest on this really cool log - looked like it had been there forever! It was perfect for us to give our legs a break and had a great branch sticking up to hold Trey's hat!


We talked and talked and talked for a really long time!  Trey told me how he was so happy to come to the beach with me.  He said he had not gotten the chance to go to a beach last year at all and was so glad I chose him to come along with me.  I told him I was really glad he came too...it was like having a best friend along.  I had no idea he loved the beach as much as I did.  I could tell he was having fun...and you know what?  Even though he is a boy, surprisingly, so was I.  ☺



Next thing you know, we ran out of words! Can you believe that? It was totally weird!  So, we just sat there and watched the water together.  There were sea gulls that flew by a few times. When I asked Trey if he like gulls, he said he calls them "sky rats". I laughed out loud.....he's so funny!


All of a sudden, Trey jumped up and ran to the end of the log.  "Hey Lanie, come look at these bugs!"  Now y'all know I love bugs....especially ladybugs!  As I jumped up, I totally hoped it would be ladybugs!


Both Trey and I stared at the bugs; there were several different kinds making their home in the top of the part of the log that was sticking straight up.  It looked like a bug hotel.....just look at them all!

"There's a bazillion ladybugs here, Lanie!" Trey shouted. "Hey wait, isn't your nickname Lanie-bug?" I told him yes it was, and that some of the girls at the dorm call me by that name 'cause they know I love ladybugs soooo much!

Now, back to all the bugs.....

Although Trey was right and there were a bazillion ladybugs, I really, really liked the bug on top. It was super cool and totally different than all of the others. I wondered what it was? It had a bronze-colored head and a striped back. I had never seen this kind of bug before.....so I asked Trey if he knew. He said "Sure.....its a zebra bug!" I gave Trey the stink eye and said, you're just making that up! "No really," he said "that's what it's called!" I still didn't believe him and told him that I would have to look it up later to make sure that he wasn't just feeding me a bucket of fudge!


After saying goodbye to the bug hotel, we walked over to a stream that flowed into the bay out of the woods. I stepped into the water and it was SO cold, but after a few minutes, I didn't notice it anymore. Isn't it weird how that happens? I told Trey that he should take off his shoes and wade into the stream with me, but he didn't want to get his feet wet and sandy. Really? We're at the beach, right?! I told Trey he was really missing out on having fun.


The water coming from the woods was so clear that I could see my feet straight through it! I had an idea for our next visit to this beach; I'm gonna bring a little boat that I can put in upstream and watch it float all the way to the bay! Oh good golly, that'll be fun to do!


Unfortunately, our time to leave came way too fast for us both. We both promised that we'll have to come back here together sometime.....maybe late summer or early fall. In the meantime, I'm gonna do some bug research, 'cause I'm pretty sure Trey was totally wrong about the zebra bug!  ☺


Hope you liked my story about our trip to the bay. It really was a fun day!  Have you ever had a super fun day end too soon???   ~Lanie ☼
 

18 Inch Doll Outfits & 18 Inch Doll Accessories by:

Trey's shorts and v-neck tee by  Minipparel ~ Etsy®
Trey's shoes & Lanie's shoes from seller; simplethings4now on eBay®
Lanie's swimsuit 2014 "Floral Swim Outfit" by American Girl®
Lanie's super cute pink bucket is from Lovvbugg ~ eBay®



58 comments:

  1. Flawless! You should make some AGSM videos. I bet you would be good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fefe Mae! Thanks so much! Everybody has the things that they are good at and we feel like our photos and our blog are the thing that we do best. There are so many great AGSM makers...so we think we'll just leave that to them! Hehe! Thank you for commenting! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  2. First!!! Lanie bug and trey are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bay and Lanie and Trey are so cute!

    Sweet Photo-story!

    `Allison
    http://fourfriendsincollege.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! I know...well definitely have to go there again sometime soon. And aww, thanks!! ♥ ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! Where did you get the fun little bucket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We posted where everything is from at the bottom of the post.....including the bucket! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  5. Lanie, was it a zebra bug ??? We are anxious to find out !!! Love your story and 2 photos are not showing up on my screen that were in your story. Trey needs to get his feet wet, lol. Thanks for the cute story, we can"t wait for the next one !! Have a Great Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! I've been researching and still cant find Trey's "zebra bug" anywhere! I will keep looking though! Hmm...that's weird. Sorry two photos weren't showing up on your screen. Maybe try refreshing the page and see if that helps?? We wouldn't want you to miss any of our photo story! And yes, I agree! Trey really missed out on getting into the fun!! thanks...we hope to have the next one up soon! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  6. I love your posts so much! You were so lucky to get to the beach on a good photography day, it's always too bright whenever I make it down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Since we spent the whole day there, we got to pick the time that we took the photos! It was a beautiful day for sure! ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  7. Cute story! I made a petition about not retiring the friend dolls! http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/save-our-history-dolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks! And we agree...so we signed it!! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  8. Hi! Gorgeous photos! Lanie is very pretty! I have Lanie, but she was turned into a custom. Didi you customize Trey or did you buy him?
    Bye!
    Zoë from - Glowyzoe.blogspot.com -

    P.s- What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoë! Thank you so much!! What does your custom look like??
      Trey came from an Etsy seller who is no longer on Etsy, unfortunately. All of her boy dolls were so cute and unique...I really hope she eventually comes back to her boy doll store. :)

      We do get asked what camera we use a lot. However, we don't actually share the exact models (we have two older Nikon models) because even an entry level Canon or Nikon can result is amazing images if you; a) know how to use your camera in MANUAL and b) know how to use a good post processing software program. We never want to give the impression that you have to spend lots of money to get great images....we promise, you do not. You just need to understand how your aperture, ISO and shutter speed all work together to achieve the results you want. And, having an eye for composition helps too! :)
      ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  9. Looks like you two has lots of fun, Lanie!

    What cute photo-story! I love it!

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddie! We did, it was a blast! And thank you! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  10. Cute photo story! I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! Lanie you and Trey ate SUPER CUTE TOGETHER IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Lanie do you have a little crush on Trey I know everyone does though!!!!! <3. <3 <3 <3 <3 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris! You know, I've never really thought of Trey in that way until this trip. But, since I'm not allowed to date until I'm older, I'm just gonna keep enjoying being friends with Trey.....although he is really cute, isn't he? ;) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  12. Haha! Zebra bug!! Fabulous photo story! I love your blog so much! :D

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mint! Thank you so much...we really appreciate it! Trey is so silly, isn't he?? :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  13. Wow! You're only going in 6th grade? You seem so much more mature. Now I'm not the only almost 6th grader who's into dolls.
    ~ ava ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ava! Yep, I'm heading into 6th grade this fall! I am super excited. I hope some of the other girls here at the dorm are in some of my classes! ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  14. You have some of the best AG photos on the web. I TOTALLY love them! They make me happy. I'm a grown-up woman in my 40's, and they make me smile like a little girl again. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laurie, Your comment made all us girls' hearts so happy! We are so happy that the little girl inside your heart is still alive and well and that she came out to play! ;) We hope she always enjoys her visits to our blog! (((big hugs))) ~Lanie-bug ☼

      Delete
  15. Aww what a cute photostory! Hey Lanie, are you and Trey siblings? If you aren't, you should SERIOUSLY consider dating him... if he likes you and you like him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa AG! Thanks! No, me and Trey are not siblings. He is Hope's and Faith's little brother. This question keeps coming up, and you know, I've never really thought of Trey in that way until this trip. But, since were good friends and the fact that I'm not allowed to date until I'm older, I'm gonna try not to crush on him and just be good friends.....although he is really cute, isn't he? ;) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
    2. Yes! You TOTALLY need to date him when you're allowed. I know my girls (or at least Liz) has considered dating at least once. Mainly they fall for AGTube stars that they have no chance with... but you never know. ;)

      Delete
    3. (((blushing))) Well, I just don't know about actually "dating" quite yet.....that sounds way to grown-up for me. ☺ I think right now, I'll just keep my feelings to myself.....cause I am still not really sure if it's just a friendly feeling or a crushie feeling. I don't know any AGTube guys.....but I do know that some of the other older girls have watched them. One of the girls has a particular admiration for Rupert. ☺☺☺ ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  16. Peanut butter m&msJune 27, 2014 at 6:31 AM

    Hey!! Faith's birthday was yesterday!!����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Faith and Hollie's birthday was yesterday! We plan to post about it sometime soon! ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
    2. peanut butter m&msJune 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

      I'll bet you had a giant birthday bash!! Could you tell the readers the ages of everyone at the dorm? I know Hollie and Faith are about 16, and you and Cristina are about 11. I am guessing that Cindy and Sarah are are about 17 or 18. But what about the rest? ( I know the "M&Ms didn't turn out so well last time!! Oops!!!)

      Delete
    3. Hi again! We did! I'm not sure when we'll post about it though...because we have several special giveaways coming up soon! Trey, Isabelle and I are 11. Then there's Hope, Harper, and Christina who are 12. McKenna, Saige and Mia are 13. Cindy is 14, Faith and Hollie are 15, and Sarah is 16! ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  17. Wonderful photo story. Looks like Lanie and Trey really had a great time at the bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Melody! Thanks! And yes we did...it was a blast!! :) ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  18. I love your blog! It's like about normal things that I can totally relate to. And I started 6th grade last year so if you want to ask about about anything just ask me
    -Ellie Livingston P.S it's totally normal that you have a crush ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ellie!! Thank you for your sweet words about our blog! Wow, so you are going into 7th grade this fall?!?! Good golly, tell me what to expect from my teachers for homework? I am worried that middle school will have a TON of homework! Did you? P.S. Ohhh, thank you for reassuring me that it's normal to wonder about a crush. ☺☺☺ ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
  19. Will you dolls be doing a special 4th of July post?????????????

    Do you dolls Know when Isabelle's birthday is????? I cannot seem to find out.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we'll be sharing our July 4th fun soon, but first we have some other fun adventures to share! Cant wait! We are also going to have some more of the "Meet the Girls" pictures up in the next few weeks. :)

      Delete
  20. I nominated you for an award on my blog: HappyhouseofAG.wordpress.com! Search 'Snowflake Award' in the search place and it will show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loren, We are currently working on several new posts so it might be a while before we can get to answering the Snowflake Award questions......we really, really, really appreciate the nomination though!!!!

      Delete
  21. Great photos! Wish I was at the beach today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photo story! I love your blog so much. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blog has such great photos! Lanie's pretty eyes are so clear in every picture.
    I have a doll blog too! It's called Small Dolls in a Big World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks! She does have pretty eyes, doesn't she? :) I checked out your blog...its super cool!!

      Delete
  24. Hi dolls at Dolly Dorm Diaries!! I love your photos and stories that you share!! I was just wondering when you'll be posting again because I just love your blog sooo much!! Here are 2 questions for you also: 1. Are any new dolls going to be coming to live at the dorm?? 2. Do you write AG reviews?? If so, what is your review writing name because I'd love to read them!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB 2001!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! As you can see, Faith just posted a quick photo of her and Hollie watching the beautiful sunset down in The Outer Banks of NC. After that, I am pretty sure that Trey is posting a photo story of his fun day with his best friend, Alden. 1. Ummm, we aren't sure if there will be any new girls joining us here at the dorm. We had heard rumors of #61 but do not know if that is "for sure" yet. 2. Do you mean on the actual AG website? If so, we don't actually do that cause we're not old enough yet. But, we're happy to say if we like something that we have in the dorm....or not. Just ask! ~Lanie ☼

      Delete
    2. #61 is was released from AG last month. She's really pretty! :)

      Delete
  25. Your photo stories are great!! Also, we nominated you for the Beachy Blogger Award on our blog Small Town American Girlz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny & June! We are currently working on several new posts so it might be a while before we can get to answering the Beachy Blogger Award questions......we really, really, really appreciate the nomination though!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :) It will show up after moderation.