Tuesday, April 7, 2015

{ An Easter Rumor! }

Hello peeps!  Since many of us girls were going to church and then to visit family on Easter Sunday, we decided to have a little kitchen get-together on Saturday to celebrate together before we all went our separate ways.  Several of us either brought or bought baked goods and tasty tidbits to share.  And it was so sweet that Isabelle brought us a big bowl of Oreo cookies even though she couldn't stay to enjoy them.  Before leaving, she helped me make some watermelon punch and also set up an egg dying table for added fun!

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Pretty soon after Isabelle left, Lanie arrived with her pet bunny, Lulu.  Oh boy did Oreo get excited! He ran up to meet Lulu immediately....I could tell he was super excited to have a play friend but I am not so sure if the feeling was mutual!

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Hope and McKenna were already there before Lanie arrived and had pretty much set up camp at the egg dying table.  They were having loads of fun dipping and combining colors.

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

As soon as I had a quiet moment, I leaned into Lane and in a low voice said "I heard something exciting that I have been dying to tell you!"  Lanie's eyes widened as she leaned in. 

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

But just then, Oreo started pushing his food dish across the floor and he totally distracted me!  I walked around to see exactly what on earth was going on and saw something I totally didn't expect to see....Oreo was pushing his dish with his paw over towards Lulu. 

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

And just when I thought he couldn't get any more stinkin' adorable, he started using his nose to get it closer and closer to where Lanie had tied Lulu up at!  My heart just melted right there on the spot!

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

So much cuteness - too much to bear!  BUT, I remembered what I wanted to tell Lanie so I made my way back over to her as she was picking out a cupcake.  "Good golly, Saige.....tell me what you heard that is so exciting.....pleeeeeeeeze!"

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

"Well" I replied, "Come closer as I don't want to get anyone's hopes up if what I heard ends up being wrong."   I whispered the rumor in Lanie's ear and as I did she squealed with excitement.  "Shhhh!" I shushed.  But it was too late.  McKenna swung around and said, "What's so exciting, Lanie?"  And, McKenna's comment caught Hope's attention - who was now looking at McKenna.  Oh boy.  Now what was I going to do?

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Hope immediately jumped on McKenna's comment; "What did Saige tell Lanie?  Did she mention a vacation?  Are we all going on a fun trip or something?  Should I go and start packing?  Is it far away?  Oh, should I pack clothes for warm weather or cold weather!?!?  What....."  "Hope!" I chided, "Shush and let me tell you before you have us traveling to Istanbul or some other far way land!"  Sorry but I had to cut her off as she was getting really carried away with this! 

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

So, in a low, soft voice I said; "Now you guys keep it down and no squealing like little Miss Lanie-bug did, okay?"  They all agreed, nodding anxiously.  "Okay, here we go.....I heard that Grace is going to be coming to live at The Dolly Dorm!"  They started to squeal and I reminded them; "Silent cheers please!!!!!" Thankfully, they tamed their squeals down to a whisper.  Lanie, McKenna, Hope and I were so excited about the possibility of Grace coming soon that we pretty much didn't talk about anything else for the rest of the get-together.  We all wondered if it was true and if so, then when would she'd be coming. 

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Hope said she was so excited that she needed a chocolate bunny to calm her down.  Oh boy, that's a first. I thought chocolate hyped you up!  But hey, who was I to argue with her?  I decided to agree with her and chose a cupcake instead because it was the best of both worlds; chocolate, cake and icing!  Yum!

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

Even Oreo got in on enjoying the food.....somehow he had gotten his little doggy snoot on a bunny cookie and was giving it to Lulu.  Ack!  More cuteness overload!!! 

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

We all - including Oreo and Lulu - had a fun time and we speculated on when and where and how we might meet Grace.  We have heard that she went to Paris and was in some sort of baking contest.  It all sounds so exciting!

And in the end, I believe that Oreo definitely won over the affections of Lulu.  He showered her with food and friendship....why wouldn't she like him, right?  :)

Our American Girl doll Easter celebration - Follow our 18 inch doll diaries at our American Girl Doll House. Visit our 18 inch dolls dollhouse!

How about you guys?  Do any of you already have Grace living at your house?  If so, I bet you are having fun with her!!  We can't wait!!

  18 Inch Doll Outfits & 18 Inch Doll Accessories by:

Lanie is wearing her Meet Outfit and Saige is wearing her Sweater Outfit...both by American Girl®
McKenna is wearing her Warm-up Jacket by American Girl®
Hope's adorable outfit is by QTPieDollClothing ~ Etsy®


Subscribe on YouTube for American Girl Doll House Room Tours and more! 
Be sure to visit us on YouTube!!!


54 comments:

  1. How exciting! We recently had a surprise arrival of a Samantha doll... I think my girls are still in shock!

    MyLitleMegara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MyLitleMegara! Oh, I bet your girls were SUPER excited for Samantha to join them!!! How fun is that and she is sooo pretty too!!! Thanks for commenting!! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
    2. We were all pretty excited. I just about had a heart attack when I saw her, just sitting there wearing her Christmas dress in a thrift store. She has a Pleasant Company face, too... she's very sweet! I'm new here, but I think I'll be staying for a while! I love your blog!

      MLM

      PS. Here are my pix of Samatha: http://adventuresindollwonderland.blogspot.com/2015/04/introducing-samantha.html

      Delete
    3. Hi MyLittleMegara, Loved your Museum visit post and your Samantha is just gorgeous!!! I'm going to show the other girls at the dorm too. Thanks for your comment!! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Saige! I hope they enjoy! :D

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I was wondering where you got the adorable bunny mugs? They are so very adorable!
    ~Lu&SevenLittleDollies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lu&SevenLittleDollies! Are they not just the CUTEST little mugs you have ever seen?!?!?!? Our person found them on eBay for us to use to dye our eggs in....they are a great size for eggs but they are too big for us girls to use for our hot chocolate. Still, we adore them and think you would too! Thanks for your comment! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
    2. Oh okay! Thanks for letting me know!
      ~Lu&SevenLittleDollies

      Delete
    3. You are quite welcome! Have fun! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  3. Hello Charis Rae! Yes, yes, yes....Grace is a beautiful girl and we are super excited cause we think she'd be a great friend to have hear at the Dolly Dorm! Hopefully, the rumor is true and she'll be here sooner than later! Thanks for your comment! ~ Saige ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Jacquie! All us girls appreciate it very much!! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  5. That would be great if Grace came--I think she'd make an excellent addition to the dolly dorm!!
    My dolls are still in shock over Penny and she came over Christmas break…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SLD!! We are sooo hoping it is true...I guess only time will tell but it is SO HARD to wait! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  6. Ooh! Cute post! I love Hope's outfit!:) I have Grace, I renamed her Eden though. I love her! She's beautiful!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! I know, right? I adored Hope's outfit too. I asked her if I could borrow it sometime and she said yes...yay! Navy looks good on me so I was excited. I love the name Eden. Very, very pretty and I think it suits her! We cannot wait to see what happens....we just need to find some patience! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  7. I don't have Grace, but I want her! But since Caroline is retiring this year, I want to try and get her instead. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of YOUR Grace when she comes! Your photography is the BEST. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy, Thanks for your kind words. We heard that about Caroline too. So sad when one retires! :( Keep checking back! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
    2. WHAT?! CAROLINE IS RETIRING?! NOOOO!!!!!!!!!
      Well, I totally recommend her to anyone. :)

      Delete
    3. I know...we are thinking American Girl Caroline should join us before she is gone because she'll be more expensive to buy her later from eBay or Craigslist. She's very pretty! ♥

      Delete
  8. What a great celebration!! I couldn't take my eyes off the delicious sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Me either and unfortunately, I couldn't keep my lips off them either!! They were totally yummy though! :) ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  9. Oh I hope the rumor is true! Another doll is always fun.
    And Oreo and Lulu are so cute together, I love the pictures of them. :)
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya CH! We sure do too! Normally rumors are not a good thing but if this one is true, then it would be! I was surprised how well a bunny and a doggie would get along but they really did and Oreo was the perfect gentleman to Miss Lulu! ~ Saige ♥

      Delete
  10. Love all your Easter treats, they look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie and Brenda! And, yes they are yummy!!! ~Saige ♥

      Delete
  11. Hey!
    I nominated you for an award at my blog. Here's a link so you can check it out: http://jessicaswholeworld.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/you-are-amazing-and-so-is-your-blog.html
    <3 Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessi! Thank you SO MUCH! That is soooo sweet of you! We'll try to answer soon! ~Saige ♥

      Delete
  12. Looks like they had fun! I hope the rumor is true, otherwise you guys would be disappointed! I am saving up for Grace, i only have a little money for her and I am already getting ready for her! Her room is almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rebecca, you are right - we would be sad for sure! How cool that you are already getting Grace's room ready for her! We are too....just in case! We might even share it as an American Girl doll tour video! What kind of things do you have in Grace's bedroom so far? ~Saige ♥

      Delete
    2. I have paris posters and a bulletin board with a postcard of the Eiffel tower.

      Delete
    3. Those are great ideas, Rebecca! I like the idea of a Paris poster!! ~Saige ♥

      Delete
  13. That is so exciting that Grace Thomas might move into the dorm!!! I bet you guys will really like her. I love how you girls decorated for Easter too, all those Easter themed treats looked so cool and yummy. It was also really sweet what Oreo did for Lulu. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mackenzie! Yes, we are super excited to see if it is true! I am sure we'll not just like her but we'll LOVE her! Yes, the Easter goodies were totally yummy!!! ~Saige ♥

      Delete
  14. You know, we might just consider it since we do like her lots and would hate to have to get her on the secondary market! What about you? Do you have her? ~Saige ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to know! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, guys! The treats look fantastic! :-)
    Oreo and Lulu are both too cute!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sunny! Love your name!! Makes me smile just sayin' it! Oreo and Lulu are best buds now! ♥♥♥ ~Saige ♥

      Delete
  17. Hi Charis Rae! We all saw that too! So sad! I guess that means Caroline is moving 'UP' on our doll wish list! Thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know that Carolines retiring right? Well, I started a petition about not retiring her!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I forgot to do the link! Oops! http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/save-caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your attempt but AG is most likely retiring her because for some reason she is not selling as well as she needs to be. Sad but true sometimes. We'll check out the petition but we don't want you to get your hopes up. AG is a big company and as much as we love their dolls, they are still in it for the money! If they weren't, we wouldn't have any dolls!

      Delete
  20. Yes, us too but there is still time to add her to our collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your set up. And the stories are so cute..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! We love our blog readers!! You are the bestest!! ~D3 Girls ♥

      Delete
    2. I agree! You are so creative!

      Delete
    3. Awww, thanks "anonymous"!!! ~D3 Girls♥

      Delete
  22. Hi Charis! Well, when we started Dolly Dorm Diaries, we made sure to share it with as many AG Forums as possible. That sure seemed to help! Good luck!! ~D3 Girls ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Charis, YES!! We did!! How exciting! We love the 50's theme for sure, even though all us girls are modern girls. Lots of us girls here love I Love Lucy and Maryellen seems perfect for that part, doesn't she? ~D3 Girls ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. We sure will Charis!! Love your reviews on the new BeForever updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is cool!! I love this!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this, i wish i had Mackeena!! Your Lucky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! :) It will show up after moderation.